President of Prony Resources New Caledonia
I am so glad to be able to write a short note to welcome you to the Prony Resources New Caledonia website.
Prony Resources is our company; a company made up of extraordinary men and women who participate daily in its growth. Prony Resources New Caledonia is a young, forward-looking company and we are committed to decarbonizing our product in order to sustainably participate in the industrial revolution of global mobility.
At Prony Resources, we contribute to the sustainable development of New Caledonia by developing its nickel and cobalt resources to the highest industrial and environmental standards. Let's be proud of our company!
Let's be proud of our company!
A vast industrial facility
- 1 coal-fired power station operated by ENERCAL
- 2 x 50 MW units, one intended for the public grid, the other for supplying the plant
- 1 bulk carrier dock (179 meters long)
- 1 quay for freighters (87 meters long)
- A capacity of 300,000 plants per year
- 95% endemic species
A Caledonian project
For the first time, Caledonian interests have a majority share of ownership (51% including 30% for the SPMSC and 21% for employees of Prony resources (with 12%) and local populations (with 9%). Trafigura, the world’s third largest trader of raw materials has 19% ownership. Finally, La Compagnie financière de Prony, which brings together industrial investors, clients and the management of Prony Resources, has the remaining 30% of shares.
The advantages of a large factory
Prony Resources, thanks to the recognized skills of New Caledonian chemists and metallurgists, is today one of the three global industrial facilities capable of producing NHC. Composed of 37% nickel and 2 to 3% cobalt, this intermediate product is the raw material for lithium-ion / nickel batteries used in the manufacture of electric vehicles.
With its experience and its industrial robustness, Prony Resources has all the assets to develop a competitive product for international markets and to create a “battery” center of excellence in New Caledonia.
This is a rewarding operation in more than one way since it both contributes to the international ecological transition and creates jobs and revives the Caledonian economy. It also offers New Caledonia a prominent place on the world map of nickel and cobalt producers for electric vehicle batteries.
Governance committed to sustainable development
Use of the highest environmental standards
Involvement with communities
Exemplary working relationships and conditions
A commitment to our stakeholders
- Controlling environmental risks
- Limiting the ecological footprint and fighting climate change
- Ensure compliance of activities and facilities
- Preserving biodiversity
Download the Environmental Responsibility
Health, Safety and Major Accident Prevention
- Providing a healthy and safe work environment
- Ensure the control of technological and natural risks
- Providing an effective response to crisis and emergency situations
Download the Health, Safety and Major Accident Prevention Guideline
Human Rights and Labour Practices
- Respect human rights and anticipate any form of infringement of universal rights
- Ensuring fair practices and business ethics
- Be part of a responsible purchasing policy
- Honouring people's human and fundamental rights in our working conditions
- Combating discrimination and ensuring equal opportunities
Download the Human Rights and Working Practice Guideline
- Ensuring participation and free, prior and informed consent
- Provide development opportunities
- Engaging with stakeholders
- Preserve and safeguard environmental and cultural heritage
- Seeking positive economic and social benefits
Download the Community Involvement guideline